Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Monday, July 17, 2017

Put God First, One Day at a Time - Matthew 6:33-34

Easy to Worry
Isn't is easy to get caught up in worrying about bills, food, and clothing instead of trusting God to take care of everything? My natural tendency is to be a "worry wart." 

Trusting God to provide for my needs isn't my natural tendency. No, I have had to learn how to do this by focusing on today and today only. 

Replace Worry Thoughts with God Thoughts
Once my focus is on today, then I have to consciously make my thoughts turn to trusting God. I do this with self-talk. Yep, I just kick those worry thoughts right out of my head and replace them with Jesus and God thoughts. 


Here are some examples:
1. Worry Thought - Hmmmm...I wonder if I will be able to buy a new pair of jeans after I pay the bills.
God Thought - I know God will take care of everything I need. He has taken care of everything so far and he is faithful. 
2. Worry Thought - I don't know if I will have enough gas to get to work this week.
God Thought - Lord thank-you for taking care of my needs. I know you will make sure I have enough gas to get to work today and every day. 

Once my focus is on God; worry, stress, and anxiety go away and are replaced with calmness and peace. 

Barnes Notes on the Bible states it this way:
  • But you, who have a knowledge of your Father in heaven; who know that He will provide for your needs, should not be anxious. 
  • Become interested in His favor, and all necessary things will be added to you. 
  • He has control over all things, and He can give you what you need. 
  • He will give you what he deems best for you.                                        
  • Commit your way to God. 
  • God will be the same Father then as today, and will make then, as he does now, proper provision for your wants.
  • Though you will have needs, yet God will provide for them as they occur. 
  • Do not increase the cares of today by borrowing trouble from the future. 
Adapted from Barnes Notes on the Bible

Scripture Prayer
Thank-you Lord for taking care of my needs and smoothing out each trouble that is in my path today. Thank-you Lord for helping me to stay in today and helping me to seek your kingdom and righteousness. Father God, help me to continue seeking your kingdom and righteousness first, not last. Help me to stay focused on today. I ask these things in the mighty name of your Son, Jesus Christ who died on the cross for me and is my Lord and Savior. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB