Isn't is easy to get caught up in worrying about bills, food, and clothing instead of trusting God to take care of everything? My natural tendency is to be a "worry wart."
Trusting God to provide for my needs isn't my natural tendency. No, I have had to learn how to do this by focusing on today and today only.
Replace Worry Thoughts with God Thoughts
Once my focus is on today, then I have to consciously make my thoughts turn to trusting God. I do this with self-talk. Yep, I just kick those worry thoughts right out of my head and replace them with Jesus and God thoughts.
Here are some examples:
God Thought - I know God will take care of everything I need. He has taken care of everything so far and he is faithful.
God Thought - Lord thank-you for taking care of my needs. I know you will make sure I have enough gas to get to work today and every day.
- But you, who have a knowledge of your Father in heaven; who know that He will provide for your needs, should not be anxious.
- Become interested in His favor, and all necessary things will be added to you.
- He has control over all things, and He can give you what you need.
- He will give you what he deems best for you.
- Commit your way to God.
- God will be the same Father then as today, and will make then, as he does now, proper provision for your wants.
- Though you will have needs, yet God will provide for them as they occur.
- Do not increase the cares of today by borrowing trouble from the future.
Thank-you Lord for taking care of my needs and smoothing out each trouble that is in my path today. Thank-you Lord for helping me to stay in today and helping me to seek your kingdom and righteousness. Father God, help me to continue seeking your kingdom and righteousness first, not last. Help me to stay focused on today. I ask these things in the mighty name of your Son, Jesus Christ who died on the cross for me and is my Lord and Savior. Amen.