- There are two sides to the events which occur, and which seem so discouraging to us - a dark side and a bright side.
- We are prone to look only at the dark side, to see only what is gloomy and discouraging.
- Looking only at the dark side, often becomes in a sense voluntary, and we find a melancholy satisfaction in being miserable, and in making ourselves more unhappy, as if we had been wronged, and as if there were a kind of virtue in dejection and gloom. It can be because we are mad at God, or we don't want to accept what has happened.
- God's beloved children need to look at the bright side of things; to think of the past mercies of God; to look at the blessings which surround us still; to look to the future. in this world and the next, with hope.
- God wants us to come to him, and cast the burden on him.
- Every sad and grieving Christian ought to say to his soul, "Why am I in despair?"
I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.
“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”