|What an irresistible smile!|
My little grandson sat straight up and a HUGE joyful smile appeared on his little face when he saw me step through the door. He exclaimed, "GAM!" and lifted both of his arms straight up so I could pick him up for a big Grammy hug.
What an irresistible invitation!
I scooped him up and held him close to me. Two, little arms wrapped around my neck and hugged me back. At the end of the hug, I looked at Ashton and he leaned his head toward me and said," Wuv u Gam." My heart swelled and overflowed with unconditional love.
I smile and my heart fills with love and joy every time I think about Ashton's greeting.
My three year old grandson's greeting will remain imprinted on my heart forever! What a treasure I was given; the gift of unconditional love from my three year old grandson.
This morning, I applied my interaction with my grandson to my relationship with Jesus.
I know I am Jesus' daughter. My love for Him fills me with love and joy. When Jesus shows up, I am going to sit up straight, smile a HUGE, joy-filled smile and exclaim,"Jesus!" Then, I am going to run to him with my arms uplifted for a big, loving Jesus hug.
I know his heart will swell and overflow with unconditional love for me.
Every day, I am going to greet Jesus with a big, joy-filled smile as I run to him in prayer and tell him what is in my heart.
- Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
- Matthew 22:37 And He said to him, "'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.'
- Luke 18:16 But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.
- Luke 18:17 "Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all."
- 1 John 5:1 Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and whoever loves the Father loves the child born of Him.