Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, January 3, 2016

Psalm of the Week - 51:10-12 - Week of January 4, 2015

Can you believe that 2016 has arrived? Where did 2015 go? Time has begun to fly by faster every year. 
My Focus on the Lord
My focus on the Lord thinned a little as an action packed 2015 holiday season arrived and progressed. November - December was filled with activity deadlines and therefore stressful. Stress tends to drain away some of my willingness and joyfulness. Now that January 2016 has begun, I feel the need to renew my attitude with Psalm 51.

What Caused David to Write Psalm 51?
King David wrote Psalm 51 when the prophet Nathan came to him after David committed adultery with Bathsheba. Not only was David guilty of adultery, but he was also guilty of having Bathsheba's husband, Uriah, killed.  The prophet Nathan was successful in his intervention with David.  

David confessed his sin, his guilt, and his love of God. Next, King David asked for forgiveness in verses 1-9. These verses contain a powerful example of a personal repentance. God forgave David, just as he has forgiven me.

My Attitude Renewal
My attitude renewal begins with praying verses 10-12 as a personal prayer. 

My Personal Prayer
O God, create in me a pure heart and renew my spirit. Make the spirit within me steadfast. I love you Lord, do not cast me from your presence, or take your Holy Spirit away from me. Restore me Lord. Restore me to the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit that will sustain me.  
Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB