Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, September 20, 2015

Do You Believe? Yes! I Do!


September 20, 2015

Bill and I went to watch the movie,Do You Believe?, at our church. We are still filled with the joy and connectedness at being children of God. The twelve lives in the movie were inextricably intertwined around small wooden crosses that the pastor gave his congregation after having to examine his own faith when he was asked by a street preacher if he believed Jesus had died on the cross for him. 

Twelve people each had an encounter that changed their lives.The EMT who couldn't apologize for sharing Jesus with a scared, dying man. The EMT's wife, a nurse, who hadn't given her whole life to Jesus, just part of it. The homeless mom who didn't believe God was there because her Christian husband died and left her alone with their small daughter. The older couple who were stuck in the grief and sadness of losing their daughter. The pastor's wife who didn't want to take in a pregnant teenager because she couldn't have children. The pregnant teenager who ran away when her family took her to an abortion clinic instead of an ob-gyn appointment. Two brothers who were gang members. A veteran who went to a bridge to jump off, but saw a lonely woman on the other side of the bridge who was there for the same reason. A female lawyer who was raised around the church, but had left faith far, far behind. The doctor who had no faith in anything except his own ability to heal. And the dying ex-con who befriended the homeless mom and her daughter.

The scene I loved best was when Joe, the ex-con, died in the hospital from an infection and Stage 4 Leukemia. The nurse who was on duty was the EMT's wife. On the bedside table was one of the small wooden crosses. The doctor signed the death certificate and left the room. Then, a miracle occurred. Joe woke up and said he felt amazing! The nurse ran to get the doctor, but even in the face of this miracle, the doctor would not believe in the power of God. 

Several people in the movie face death. The Christians with a deep and abiding faith are not afraid to go home to Jesus because they know with all their heart that Jesus died on the cross for them. They know they are taking their place in the kingdom of God. 

I am aware that many reviewers feel this movie is too overtly Christian. In my opinion, the purpose of this movie is to cause Christians to look at the depth of their own personal walk with the Lord before they have to face death. Isn't the point of being a Christian to fulfill Jesus' Great Commission?
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”                                                    Matthew 28:18-20 NIV







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB