Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Friday, September 25, 2015

Balance: "Life is a See-Saw" a Half-Day Women's Conference


Recently, I attended a half-day women's conference. The topic was balance in your family, career, marriage, church, finances, friendships, trust, and faith. The Missouri Baptist Women's Ministry speaker, Valerie Howe, shared a model that she uses to help her stay in balance. I took notes on the information that she shared about her model and am sharing it with you.

  1. Be aware of how you feel
  2. Accept responsibility for how you feel
  3. Allow God into your heart through scripture and prayer
  4. Act to keep your heart taken care of.
My personal favorites from the conference are:

  • Jesus cared for his heart in solitude and allowed God into his heart through prayer and scripture.  Valerie's model is not new, she pointed out that it is following Jesus' model. 
  • "Secrets always manifest."  a Beth Moore bible study quote that applies to accepting responsibility for how you feel. Quit hiding from how you really feel and accept it.  
  • "God, will you hone my words?" a Kathy C. Miller quote that Valerie used made an impact on me. I am familiar with honing, or sharpening a blade. However, hone also means to refine, or perfect over time. An "ah ha!" moment happened to me. Normally, I just ask God to keep my mouth shut. Are you with me? Now, I can ask the Lord to refine, or perfect my words. Wow. I am sitting here filled with happiness that the Lord is still teaching me his ways. 
  • Repentance is a process.
  • Interruptions can be an appointment from the Lord. Jesus was interrupted in his teaching. (Luke 5:17-20)
Conference Scriptures
  • Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. Colossians 3:2 NIV was the conference scripture.
  • John 4 NIV - Jesus Talks With a Samaritan Woman  Click Here for the scripture.
  • Luke 8:43-48 NIV Jesus heals a woman with a bleeding illness   Click Here for the scripture 
  • Luke 5:17-20 NIV  Jesus' teaching is interrupted  Click Here for the scripture















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB