Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, April 8, 2018

Verse of the Week - Galatians 2:5


Memorizing an entire book of the Bible is a daunting task at which I am not succeeding.
However, this is NOT a failure because I am staying immersed in the Word of God. This immersion in the word is helping me to deepen my spiritual roots and I am sure Jesus is happy about that!

Additionally, I find myself speaking from the Bible as naturally as I breathe air. I don't mean I am quoting scripture, I'm not. What I am doing is speaking sentences and phrases from the Bible. I may not be quoting it, but the parts I have read and reread are appearing in my thoughts and speech automatically. I don't know how else to explain it. Is this as clear as mud?
Today I reread my study Bible's introduction to Galatians and Galatians 1:1 - 2:5. 
  • In these verses, Paul makes the point that the truth of the gospel is free. Salvation is not earned, it is free. 
  • If anyone shouldn't have been able to be forgiven, it was Paul because of his persecution of Jesus' followers.
  • Jesus paid the price for all mankind. 
  • Paul received the gospel from God, not man and he had to be bold in proclaiming it.
  • The apostles he met in Jerusalem didn't disagree with him. The trouble was being caused by false followers who slipped into the church and gave the appearance of holiness. 
  • These false followers were also adding rules to the gospel of Jesus. There are no rules in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Jesus' gospel is simple - admit to God that you are a sinner, believe that Jesus is the Son of God and receive his gift of forgiveness from sin. Confess your faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB