Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, April 1, 2018

Verse of the Week - Galatians 2:3-4

Paul shares that this was a crucial case because Titus was a Gentile.
In fact, Titus' parents were both Gentiles, unlike Timothy who had one Jewish parent and was therefore capable of being identified with the Jewish people. 

On the other hand, Titus was an uncircumcised Greek Gentile who was accompanying Paul and assisting in his ministry. 

"The "false brethren," Ga 2:4 ("certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed," Ac 15:5), demanded Titus' circumcision. The apostles, however, constrained by the firmness of Paul and Barnabas (Ga 2:5), did not compel or insist on his being circumcised. Thus they virtually sanctioned Paul's course among the Gentiles and admitted his independence as an apostle: the point he desires to set forth to the Galatians." Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

Paul brought Titus about with him as a living example of the power of the Gospel upon the uncircumcised heathen.   Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB