Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, October 15, 2017

Beware Flattery and Faithlessness - Psalm 5:9

For there is no faithfulness in their mouth
Today, you can find biblical standards in the media, but you have to look carefully for it. However, this isn't a media problem, but a social problem. 
Media is viewer-driven. 
It is all about the numbers. If the numbers go down, changes are made. Apparently most viewers would rather see sex, drugs, and unfaithfulness on their tablets, phones, computers, and televisions than wholesome and godly programs. 
Are you supporting ungodly media by watching, rather than boycotting them? 
Their inward part is very wickedness
People are adept at hiding what they are doing in their personal lives. Ask the Lord for discernment so that you will know who is sincere and who is not. Don't let the outside appearance of people catch you off guard. Pray for discernment and expect to receive it. The Holy Spirit will give you discernment.
Their throat is an open tomb
Cursing makes me wince inwardly. In my before-Jesus life, I cursed quite well. I was in the Navy and sailors are known to curse right? This was my excuse for cursing. Today, cursing makes me wince inwardly because through Jesus Christ, I have become a new person. As a new creation through Jesus Christ, I want to speak encouragement and healing words, not negativeness and ugliness. 
They flatter with their tongue.
The comedian and actress Mae West liked to say, "Flattery will get you everywhere." This is a truism because flattering people can make them want to help you. It may not work all the time, but it will work pretty well.Therefore, the motive behind flattery is that the flatterer wants something from you. It might be your time, money, or a commitment, but they are flattering you to get something in return. 
Compliment or Flattery?
My husband likes to compliment people. However, the only motive he has is to make them feel good because someone said something positive to them. Motive is the difference between flattery and compliments. The flatterer wants something in return, but the complimenter is trying to encourage and uplift the person they are complimenting. Brothers and sisters, make sure you are speaking compliments rather than flattery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB