Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, November 27, 2016

Verse of the Week - 2 Corinthians 11:14 - November 27, 2016

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Be wary of who you listen to and give charity to. 
Many people have learned to con Christians out of material goods by passing themselves off as followers of Jesus when they are actually followers of Satan. They sound like faithful followers who knows the Bible. In fact, they do know the Bible, but they only know enough to disguise themselves as a Christian while following their own agenda. This isn't a new issue. In fact, Paul addresses this issue in 2 Corinthians 11.

Paul knew that there were counterfeit apostles who had learned just enough from himself and the true apostles to pass themselves off as followers of Jesus. Paul also said he wasn't surprised because Satan can be an angel of light too. Followers of Satan come in many disguises, just as Satan can appear as an angel of light to further his own plan, which is always the opposite of God's plan. 
  • Counterfeit Prophets and Apostles
There were counterfeit prophets under the Old Testament, who wore the garb and learned the language of the prophets of the Lord. So there were counterfeit apostles under the New Testament, who seemed in many respects like the true apostles of Christ.
  • Hypocrisy
Hypocrisy is a thing not to be much wondered at in this world, especially when we consider the great influence Satan has upon the minds of many people.
  • Satan, Angel of Light
As he can turn himself into any shape, and put on almost any form, and look sometimes like an angel of light, in order to promote his kingdom of darkness, so he will teach his ministers and instruments to do the same.

Sources
  1. 2 Peter 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
  2. Matthew 7:15 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
  3. Matthew 24:24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible.
  4. Matthew Henry's Bible Commentary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB