Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Monday, August 22, 2016

Psalm of the Week - 85:2 - August 22, 2016

Photographer Cassandra Pilger took this photo of the Gasconade River at Gasconade, MO
You have forgiven the iniquity(evil, sin, wickedness) of your people,
  • Took it from them, and laid it on Christ, who has bore it, and took it away,(crucified on the cross) so as it shall never return(he arose and returned to heaven)...and by... his blood it is taken away from their own consciences; 
  • for this is an indication of the discovery of forgiveness to themselves; it is a branch of redemption, or reconciliation and is in consequence of it; and is a fruit of the free favor and good will of God through Christ; (grace)
  • and it only belongs to the Lord's special people, the people he has taken into covenant with him, and for whose iniquity Christ was stricken: (covenant of grace)

you have covered all their sin;
  •  this is but another phrase for forgiveness
  • and this is done by the blood and righteousness, and ransom sacrifice of Christ,
adapted from Matthew Henry's Commentary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB