Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Wednesday, July 6, 2016

A Family Feast and Fireworks to Celebrate Freedom


Isn't a family celebration a blessing?
On July 4th, my children and their families either attend a public fireworks display, or stay at home. However, we do have a family celebration.

Yesterday I was able to attend the family feast at my daughter Ashley's home.
Her fellow Scott and his son Izaya cooked the meal. Scott proved himself to be a good home cook. His menu consisted of deviled eggs, potato salad, grilled steaks, burgers, hot dogs, and baked beans. My contribution was jello fruit salad and chocolate Yoohoo drinks for the grand kids. My girls, Cassie and Ashley filled plates for their children and then seated the children around the kitchen table. Once the children were taken care of, the grownups went through the buffet-style line and sat in the living room, talking, laughing, and eating.

Fireworks were our evening entertainment.
Before dark, the older children shot off bottle rockets and fire crackers. The three and four year old grand kids had a variety of poppers, smoke bombs, and black pellets that turned into snake-like coils of hardened ash.
The Family Circle
The noisy kid sounds filled the air and made me smile as I remembered shooting off my own fireworks as a child. Family is like a circle isn't it? Each generation repeating the activities of their parents, grandparents, and great grandparents.

Silently I thanked Jesus for all of my healthy, happy children and grandchildren. Plus, I thanked Him for allowing all of us to gather together for a feast with fireworks.

After dark the adult kids took their turn at shooting off  Roman candles, multi-colored fountains, and large, booming rockets. High overhead the exploding patterns were followed by ooh's and ah's.
My grandson Ashton, sat by me and clapped his little hands while  imitating his Grammy's ooh's and ah's.
He made me smile by saying, "Look Gram! Fire! Me want do that!" He finally got his wish when the sparklers were brought out for all of the little ones who swirled sparklers in circles and zig-zag patterns in the dark night. Each child traced brief, colorful patterns in the air and then ran to get another one.
I feel so blessed by God to live in the United States and to have the freedom of continuing my family's 4th of July celebration with a feast and fireworks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB