Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, June 19, 2016

Verse of the Week - Luke 11:13 - June 19, 2016

Photo by Cassandra Buchmiller  Photo editing by Sallee Bonham
Bagnall Dam, MO
I grew up going to Bagnall Dam at Lake of the Ozarks because my grandma had a cabin down river from the dam. Occasionally, my mom and dad would take us to the dam by boat. 

At the dam, 
a small amount of water trickles through the flood gates at the dam all the time to generate power. However, when the electric company receives a request for more power during peak demand times, the flood gates are opened wider and this allows more water to gush through the flood gates to generate more power. 

Luke 11 states that even bad people know how to give good gifts to their children. 
Everyone can let a small amount of good enter their lives,  just like a dam always trickles a small amount of water to generate power.

Likewise, Christians have a trickle of the Holy Spirit flow into them the minute that they turn to Jesus and our Father in heaven. 

However, when we ask our Father in heaven to receive the Holy Spirit,
He opens up the spiritual flood gates and allows the Holy Spirit to surge forth into us. The Holy Spirit then counsels and empowers us to become more like our Father in Heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB