Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Sallee Shares: War Room Bible Study

War Room is a great, faith-based movie and our church had a free movie night to watch it before starting the bible study.


Leading a bible study for adults is slightly outside of my comfort zone, but I know that Jesus is equipping me with the knowledge I need to be successful in this endeavor. After all, the bible study is all about him and using the word of God daily.

 2 Timothy 2:16-17
16All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

Today, I am sharing some of my favorite parts from Session 1.

Session 1 has you evaluate where you are in your personal relationship with God. Are you ice cold, lukewarm, or on fire for the Lord? In the movie, Miss Clara illustrated this point by serving herself hot coffee and Elizabeth a cup of lukewarm coffee.

Revelation 3:15-16
15‘I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. 16‘So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth. 

Jesus wants an intimate and close relationship with us. 

Revelation 3:19-20
19‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. 20‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. 

I love the mental image I have when I read Revelation 3:20.
 Can you see Jesus standing at your door, hand lifted, knocking on your door? He is waiting for you to open the door. Throw that door open beloved one! Greet him with a big smile and exclaim," Jesus! I am so glad you came to see me. Come on in. You are just in time for dinner." 

Day Two of Session 1 - The Armor of God and Prayer
I see pictures in my mind when I read. The ability to visualize brings the bible to life for me. Yes, TV is a poor second to the mental images I see while reading bible verses like Ephesians 6:10-18:
10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people

Can you see yourself clad in your armor, kneeling in prayer? 
You are a spiritual warrior. I am a spiritual warrior. We are called to pray, pray, and pray more. Join me in this spiritual battle we are fighting. We truly are members of the Lord's Army, but on a spiritual level. Join me in this battle brothers and sisters, for the world is growing darker and needs more prayer warriors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB