Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Monday, March 14, 2016

Pray at Your Partner


Anger is destructive to a relationship.
My hubby and I deal with anger in completely different ways. If Bill gets angry, he likes to think  about it for a couple of days and then talk about it. If I get angry, I fume and fuss, but am over it within half a day. See? We are very different. Two years ago, I began using a different approach if I get angry with my hubby.

Now, I am practicing a "take it to Jesus" approach.
Every time I find myself feeling negative about my man, I start talking to Jesus about it.  Sometimes, I just talk about how I feel, but then it gets down to praying for Bill so I can quit being angry.

I am going to fight for Bill against the enemy, Satan.
Beth Moore's bible study, A Fight Worth Having gave me the tools I needed to:

  • stop fighting with my husband
  • start fighting a spiritual battle for my husband
Below are the tools I use.
  • Ask God to equip me with scriptures that will reflect the situation. Then, I write or type them up and use my husband's name. Then when I speak it, I am speaking straight to the situation. When I begin to pray scripture, I am about to do battle. This is a tool for battle!
  • It is time to get mad. There is nothing wrong with getting mad as long as it is focused at the right enemy.
  • Pick up the sword of the spirit (The Bible) and go straight to the enemy we really do have and start calling on the authority of God's word in prayer to your Father about your situation.
  • You will feel yourself begin to fill with faith. Fight with faith. 
  • We have a God that is a warrior. The LORD is a WARRIOR. Exodus 15:3 says, The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.
  • Hold up that shield of faith and wield the sword of the spirit and God is with you, fighting for you.
I have prayed for peace between my husband and myself, financial wisdom, healing, health, and a variety of issues. Sometimes I just ask Jesus to help me be the wife my husband needs.

For additional prayer help check out Jennifer O. White's five, powerful prayers for wives to use.
 Click Here to read Jennifer's prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB