Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, November 22, 2015

Verse of the Week - Mark 11:25 - November 22, 2015



As you make your way through this week of Thanksgiving gatherings, Black Friday shopping, and holiday traffic, remember to forgive others so that God will forgive you. Let go of resentments caused by family and strangers. 

Family gatherings can be VERY stressful. Are you still carrying around a resentment or two against your parents, or sibling? This would be the perfect time to forgive them. Don't carry a smouldering resentment into your Thanksgiving dinner because it may burst into a full blaze if the object of your resentment irritates you. Pray that they will reap a harvest of blessings and forgive them. Forgiveness will give you an internal serenity that comes from God. He forgives and we must forgive. 

Black Friday shopping. Where do I start? Jammed parking lots, long lines, rude encounters, and a myriad of other issues can cause resentment to start bubbling up inside. Stop resentment in its tracks with prayer and forgiveness. Say these words," There, but for the grace of God, go I." or better yet, pray the Serenity Prayer.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Amen.
Do not be a road rage Christian - practice patience and tolerance towards strangers who are driving a vehicle. You cannot change how those drivers are driving. I know how tempting it is to voice an opinion about someone's driving, especially when it looks like they are two inches away from the rear of your car. Pray for them. Ask the Lord to intervene for you. Resentment and anger will do nothing except cause you to separate yourself from your faith. 

Forgiveness will bring serenity, peace, and a closer relationship with God. Let Thanksgiving weekend be a time of forgiveness. Enter into the holiday season with rejoicing because you are a child of God and have received forgiveness.  
                         Have a blessed and joyful Thanksgiving! SalleeB 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB