Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, November 8, 2015

Verse of the Week - 1 Samuel 12:23 - 8 November 2015

The History of Samuel
Samuel was the spiritual leader of Israel and God's prophet for years. When the people decided they wanted a king, he reluctantly presented the desire of the people to God. 

God was the king of Israel, but the tribes of Israel had made up their minds that an earthly king and government was needed to protect them against foreign kings

Wow, I am amazed at the small amount of faith that the tribesmen had in the God who delivered them from Egypt, the king of Moab, and the Philistines. However, God went ahead and gave them what they wanted, an earthly king.  Samuel obediently anointed Saul as the king of Israel.

Samuel represented God to the people and he was a righteous man. Samuel told his people in his farewell speech (1 Samuel 12) that he would not sin against the Lord by not praying for them. In fact, he said he would teach them the good and right way.Therefore, he continued to do his best for the people, even when they rejected the kingship of God, and demanded an earthly king. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB