Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Thursday, October 29, 2015

Verse of the Week - 1 Timothy 2:1 - November 1, 2014



"The disciples of Christ must be praying people; all, without distinction of nation, sect, rank, or party."
                                                                                                                          Matthew Henry

"The pattern that we find in the Early Church is that They Prayed and Prayed Often! And it’s time for the Church to have a New Emphasis. Its time for us to enter into the Spirit of Corporate Prayer, to rediscover the Prayer-Meeting. Just as individuals are to pray, we are to pray as a church body."
Norris Harris I
Houston Baptist University

What does exhort, supplications, and intercessions mean? 
Exhort = strongly encourage, or urge
Supplications = the action of asking or begging for something earnestly, or humbly
Intercessions = the action of saying a prayer on behalf of another person

Paul was strongly encouraging Timothy to take action - prayer action. Timothy was to actively and earnestly pray on the behalf of other people. Then, he was to give thanks to God. This is the example that I am trying to follow.

Why give thanks? When I say thank you to Jesus for his sacrifice, I am reminding myself of how much he loves me. God sent his only begotten son to die on a cross for me before I was even born. A humbling thought. I imagine that Timothy felt the same way. 

Giving thanks also keeps me grateful for the many blessings I have in my life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB