Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Monday, June 8, 2015

Verse of the Week - Proverbs15:4 - June 8, 2015


Different translations of the Bible will vary slightly. After checking the Hebrew text analysis at biblehub.com, I found the King James Bible translated the original Hebrew text the closest. 
NOTE: I am not an expert. I am depending upon the experts who wrote the resources that I use.

I like to look up words in the Merriam-Webster dictionary to make sure I understand them correctly. The word "perverseness" means:
  1. to be corrupt, or to turn from what is good
  2. to be obstinate, stubborn, or cranky. 
  3. to be perverted. 
I don't know about you, but meaning two was a little shocking. Personally, I have never connected being obstinate, stubborn, or cranky  with being corrupt and perverted. Have you? 

To be honest, I am somewhat stubborn, obstinate, and occasionally cranky. I have always categorized these as "character traits", not as "turning from what is good, or corrupt. Seriously, I am a little stunned to learn that being stubborn, obstinate, and cranky can cause a "breach in the spirit". 

Wesley's Notes for the verse says,
... A breach - Disturbs and wounds the spirits, both of the speaker and hearers.
The words we speak have an effect upon ourselves and those who hear what we speak. Today, I include what we post online as speaking, too. Jesus  told us to watch what we speak when he said:
"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you,for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." 
Matthew 7:12 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB