Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Monday, June 15, 2015

Psalm of the Week - 141:3 - June 15


Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips. 
Psalm 141:3 AKJV

King David's prayer asks the Lord of all to watch his mouth and keep the door of his lips. He knew he couldn't keep his mouth shut without the Lord being in charge of it. 

This psalm reminds me of my dear friend Pam, who went home to be with Jesus. 
Pam and I were both in twelve step recovery. For sixteen years, Pam and I sat in many, many recovery meetings together. Pam liked to share at meetings how she asked God to help her keep from saying things she would regret. Instead of saying, " Lord, put your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth." Pam's version was "Lord, sit on my tongue!" People would laugh when Pam shared this at meetings, but no one EVER forgot it. That was the point of Pam's condensed prayer.

Pam and King David both knew that they could not control their mouths unless the Lord is in charge of it. 

The next time you need help keeping your mouth closed and your tongue silent, remember King David's sincere plea to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB