Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, August 24, 2014

Psalm of the Week- 63:1-5 -Week of 25 August, 2014

Today, the world is a desert for Christians. Bombarded by a media storm of negative values, it is difficult to keep the focus on living a godly life. King David's prayer is as applicable today as it was the day he touched quill to parchment. 







A psalm of David. When he was in the Desert of Judah.

1 You, God, are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
I thirst for you,
my whole being longs for you,
in a dry and parched land where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

"Praising lips must be joyful lips."
Matthew Henry  1662-1714

Personal Application
What a personal praise prayer! Written in first person, this psalm does not need to be paraphrased, or rewritten into a personal application. Glorifying God with my lips gives me a feeling of wholeness and closeness with my creator. If you are feeling far from the Lord, read these five verses out loud to yourself -hear the scripture with your ears and feel the scripture in your heart. Seek, thirst, and long for Lord. Meditate on his power and glory.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB