Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, July 20, 2014

Psalm of the Week - Psalm 46:10 - Week of July 21, 2014








10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

I love how John Gill explains the phrase "Be still, and know that I am God" 
"but that they should not be fearful, nor fretful and impatient, or restless and tumultuous; but be quiet and easy, resigned to the will of God, and live in an assured expectation of the appearance of divine Providence in their layout. And "know"; own and acknowledge that he is God, a sovereign Being that does whatsoever he pleases; that he is unchangeable in his nature, purposes, promises, and covenant; that he is omnipotent, able to help them and deliver them at the last extremity; that he is omniscient, knows their persons, cases, and troubles, and how and where to hide them till the storm is over; that he is the all wise God, and does all things after the counsel of his own will, and makes all things work together for good to them; and that he is faithful to his word and promise, and will not suffer them to be over pressed and bore down with troubles. Who further says for their encouragement, and is to be hearkened to in it,"
John Gill"s Exposition of the Entire Bible

Personal Prayer Application

Dear God, 
I am tired of being fearful, fretful and impatient. Help me to be still. My desire is to be quiet and calm, not restless and troubled. I want to be still. I know that you can do all things. Help me Father, to accept your will and your plans for me. For I know that you are faithful and keep your promises. 

Let me exalt you among the nations and upon the earth for as long as I shall be here. 
Thank you God for all the times that you have sheltered me from the storms in my life. For the times when I was still and calm inside while troubles swirled around me. Thank-you for all the times that you have given me the strength to endure the troubles and trials in my life. I know that you are God and that through you all things are possible. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB