Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, February 23, 2014

I Will Not Fear, God is With Me

Photo taken by Sallee Bonham

The sermon at church today was on fear. Brother Jimmie, my pastor, used Matthew 8, Jesus Calms the Storm, and Isaiah 43. Way back in September, I posted "A Command From Jesus - Quiet! Settle Down!" , which also uses Matthew 8. At that time, my inspiration was from a "Girlfriends in God" daily reading whose perspective is that we can be the storm. 

Today, the point is to not be afraid and have faith. Jesus was sleeping. The disciples didn't understand that they were not in danger. Jesus was with them. Jesus is with us. When a furious storm assaults our life, we are supposed to have faith and not be afraid. Jesus is our shelter from the storm. He will calm the winds and seas that periodically come against us as we go about our daily business. 

In Isaiah 43: 1-5, God reminds his people that he created us and formed us. I used bold type to emphasize the words that really grab my attention.

1But now, thus says the LORD, your Creator, O Jacob,

         And He who formed you, O Israel,
         “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
         I have called you by name; you are Mine!

2“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;

         And through the rivers, they will not overflow you.
         When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched,
         Nor will the flame burn you.

3“For I am the LORD your God,

         The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
         I have given Egypt as your ransom,
         Cush and Seba in your place.

4“Since you are precious in My sight,

         Since you are honored and I love you,
         I will give other men in your place and other peoples in exchange for your life.

5Do not fear, for I am with you;...

God knows my name.
God has declared that I am his. He is with me when I go through the waters and fires of my life. He will not let me be overcome. Wow, I am precious and God loves me. Are your eyes starting to tear up and leak tears of joy? Me too. The Lord's words apply to all of his people. He knows us. We have no secrets from God. There is no reason to fear anything when you are one of God's people because he has told us,"I will be with you."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB