Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Thursday, August 29, 2013

Trusting God for Monetary Solutions

Trouble Staying Serene


Finances are an area where I have trouble staying serene and trusting in God. I really had no idea how much my mind dwells on the "I can't do .....because I can't afford it." until recently. The Lord has provided low cost, economical solutions to my career wardrobe and many other areas of daily living. However, I just keep grabbing ahold of money issues and clasping them tightly to my chest, again and again.

Happiness is God's Goal

I want to be an obedient, mature Christian. Confident that the Lord overshadows every area in my life. He is in control and I am going to let him be in control. Sound good doesn't it? Scripture tells me over and over that God takes care of his people. He provided manna for the Israelites, and meat when they complained about the manna. Happiness is God's goal for me and you. He doesn't want me to be mentally wrestling with money problems. That is his job.

Turning to the Bible - Again

Shrinking income isn't just my problem. I know everyone is facing this issue as gas prices and food prices continue to increase. Worrying over things like a dog with a bone isn't going to help me. So, I am going to reread Matthew 6:25-34 again. The scripture encourages me to trust God to provide for my needs. My plan is to read verses 25-34 until the words are imprinted upon my heart. God knows what I need and he will give them to me as long as I continue to seek his kingdom first and his righteousness.

Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Matthew 6:25-34 NIV

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB