Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Monday, August 19, 2013

Satan's Battle Plan

The Tempter Uses Scripture
Satan knows the Word of God. He used scripture during Jesus's temptation in the wilderness (Matthew 4), quoting Psalms 91:11-12. However, Satan conveniently left out the phrase,"to guard you in all your ways. The master of half-truth didn't want to remind Jesus that the Lord had angels watching over him even at that moment. Jesus met Satan's attack by defending himself with another scripture, Deuteronomy 6:16. Jesus used his knowledge of scripture to deflect each temptational attack from his foe. Each time Satan advanced toward him, Jesus began,"It is written..."

Arm Yourself for Battle
Doesn't this verbal sparring remind you of a sword fight? 
Satan uttered a scripture directed at Jesus, and Jesus deflected the partial truth with another complete scripture. Jesus used the Sword of the Spirit, or the Word of God, to defend himself from the temptations of despair and distrust of God, presumption of God's power and safety, and idolatry through the power and glory of earthly kingdoms. (Matthew Henry Commentary)

You Can Win This Battle!
All the coheirs to the kingdom of God can win every battle with temptation, if we use the same tool that Jesus did, the Sword of the Spirit, the scriptures. We can deflect the partial truths of Satan in the same way that Jesus did; he used the Sword of the Spirit. Satan knows the Word of God and so should we. Arm yourself for battle by studying, memorizing, and meditating on God's instruction manual for spiritual battle, the Holy Bible.






1 comment:

  1. And he comes quickly to steal the Word sown!! ♥
    ~Tess

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB