Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Saturday, June 22, 2013

Oklahoma Ministry Trip - Updated

Bill and I are on a motorcycle ministry trip near Chandler, OK. We are tent camping, but the campground is wooded. Our tent is on a hilltop beneath two trees. A big plus is the nearly constant breeze. I will post more when we return home. Have a blessed day.

Update: June 24, 2013

The Bonham Portable Palace
June 2013
Sparks America Campground
 
400 miles on motorcycles is an all day trip for Bill and I. Fuel stops, hour long lunch stop, and conversation with people along the way are all part of our trip. Conversations are usually initiated by fellow travelers out of curiosity; why I am pulling the trailer instead of Bill, what our vest back patch means, or the wrench ring that I wear. Each conversation opens the way for prayer opportunities, for witnessing, or for encouraging fellow Christians. Christians light up when we ask them to pray for us. Christians love to be active for Jesus and often times we need that prayer coverage.
Once we arrived at our destination, Bill and I were able to pray with several vendors at Oklahoma Bike Week. At the hospitality tent, we are servants for whatever task needs to be done. Joyful service can be a powerful witness and is at the heart of our lifestyle evangelism.

How the Lord Works

June 20, 2013

On our trip, we needed to make a detour from I-44 as we entered Tulsa, Oklahoma. Roadwork had west-bound traffic slowed to a crawl because only one lane was open. After talking to a gas station attendant, we backtracked a couple of miles and took the Creek Turnpike. At the first unmanned toll booth, we couldn't find a change machine. The toll was eighty five cents each. Picture this: two motorcycles parked in single file order at a tollbooth. One rider(me) frantically searching for change in her pant pockets, travel bag pockets, and finally picking up loose change off the pavement. The other rider sitting on his motorcycle(Bill) searching for change in his pant pockets and wallet. The first rider counting out change into the second rider's hand and finally mounting her motorcycle. Rider 1 had 83 cents and Rider 2 had 82 cents. Both riders rode through the toll knowing the alarm bell was going to ring, but didn't know what else to do.

June 23, 2013

Bill was not happy about the toll booth incident. He asked me to talk to the first toll booth attendant we saw on our way home. At a manned toll booth, I explained what had happened. The attendant looked at me in surprise that I was wanting to settle a five cent issue. She told me to give her five cents and she would give me a receipt showing I had paid the five cents. At the last minute, she voluntarily asked us to pray for her ill sister, Vicki,  whom had just been taken to the hospital. I assured her we would. Bill and I had to ride away because of toll booth traffic, but we are praying for Vicki's health.

Conclusion

Our honesty over five cents lead a woman to ask us to pray for her sister's health. That is lifestyle evangelism at work. A divine appointment was successful because of a nickel. The Lord does care about every human being on this planet.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB