Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, October 4, 2015

Verse of the Week - John 1:14 - October 5, 2015

Jesus is God's Son and yet, he was also a human man. 

Matthew Henry's Bible Commentary states it this way:
"Christ was the true Light; that great Light which deserves to be called so. By his Spirit and grace he enlightens all that are enlightened to salvation; and those that are not enlightened by him, perish in darkness....Christ was in the world when he took our nature upon him, and dwelt among us. The Son of the Highest was here in this lower world. He was in the world, but not of it. He came to save a lost world, because it was a world of his own making. Yet the world knew him not." 
John Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible explains John 1:14 in this way:
for neither the Father, nor the Holy Ghost, were made flesh, as is here said of the word, but the Son only: and "flesh" here signifies, not a part of the body, nor the whole body only, but the whole human nature, consisting of a true body, and a reasonable soul; and is so called, to denote the frailty of it, being encompassed with infirmities, though not sinful; and to show, that it was a real human nature....

....and we beheld his glory; the glory of his divine nature, which is essential to him, and underived, is equal to the Father's glory, ....and which were observed by the evangelist, and his companions; who, in various instances, saw plainly, that Christ was possessed of divine perfections, such as omniscience, and omnipotence; since he knew the thoughts of the heart, and could do the things he did: his Father declared him to be his beloved Son; and the miracles he wrought, and the doctrines he taught, manifested forth his glory; and not only there were some beams of his glory at his transfiguration, which were seen by the apostles, among which the Evangelist John was one, 
Scripture presents this biblical truth in multiple places in the New Testament. Below, is a list of  four cross reference verses that closely parallel John 1:14. 

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Galatians 4:4
But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law,

Philippians 2:7
rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

1 John 4:2
This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB