Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Monday, June 1, 2015

Psalm of the Week - 39:1 - June 1, 2015




 Psalm 39:1 NIV actually says: "I said, "I will watch my ways and keep my tongue from sin; I will put a muzzle on my mouth while in the presence of the wicked."

I am a woman who repairs things with duct tape.
 I have been known to duct tape a skirt or pant leg hem, until I had time to hem it, weeks laterSeriously, I gave my dad a piece of duct tape to cap off two wire ends while we were traveling to Sturgis, S.D. on our motorcycles. Doesn't everyone carry duct tape with them? 
Consequently, I know I would use duct tape to muzzle my mouth in the presence of the wicked - not literally, but figuratively.Visualizing myself with a piece of duct tape over my mouth has helped me keep my mouth shut more than once. Nevertheless, this is not the only method I use to keep quiet. 

Staying sin free is important to me and learning to keep my mouth muzzled has required Jesus' help. I cannot do this by myself. I know that he has heard my plea,"Lord, help me!" on more than one occasion,  because my mouth stayed closed and no one heard a word. 

Memorizing and studying scripture helps me to "stop up or block off" my mouth. 
The scriptures appear in my brain when I find myself wanting to tell another human being how unacceptable I find their actions, or behaviors. Just thinking about the scripture helps me to "watch my ways." 

Sallee's Bible Discovery
The King James Version Bible uses the word "bridle" in place of muzzle. Curiosity about which word should be used - bridle or muzzle, caused me to look up the original Hebrew verse. 

The Hebrew word is machsom. Machsom has its origin from the root Hebrew word chasam. Chasam means to stop up, or block off, or muzzle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB