Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Rainbow - God's Visible Seal of an Everlasting Covenant

As I was driving home from
work last week,
a faint rainbow began to form in the south eastern sky. My camera just happened to be sitting beside me on the car seat. Yes, maybe I would be able to get a great picture of a rainbow.

Eagerly and anxiously,
I began to watch for a place to park my car. I was eager to get a picture of a rainbow and anxious because the rainbow might fade away before I could find a place to park the car along the county road. However, I was able to turn off the main road and park the car fairly quickly. 

However, the faintly seen rainbow continued to be unclear. Patiently I stood with the camera focused on the sky and waited....and waited....and waited. Darn, the late afternoon sun just wasn't shining strongly enough to cause the shimmering colors to intensify and sharpen into a solid, multicolored bow. Reluctantly, I turned the camera off, replaced the lens cap, and got back into my car. 

God's words to Noah, in the book of Genesis, came to me as I sat in the car:

12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: 13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: 15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look on it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth. 17 And God said to Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is on the earth.
KJV

Perpetual Generations and an Everlasting Covenant

Wow, how marvelous is that? As I stood there looking at the faint colors in the sky, God and I were both being reminded about His covenant at the same time. The next time you see a rainbow stretching across the sky, think about God and his covenant that is still in effect because it is perpetual and everlasting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB