Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, August 3, 2014

Destination: 2014 Kentucky Bike Rally, Sturgis, KY

Head Out on the Highway
On July 16, Bill and I packed up our camping gear, loaded up the motorcycles, and rode to the Union County Fairgrounds in Sturgis, Kentucky. The Kentucky Bike Rally attendees include bikers from Wisconsin, Ohio, South Carolina, Georgia, Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri.  The Kentucky Christian Motorcyclists Association's (CMA) State Coordinator and his wife, James and Linda Collins, work with the event sponsor closely. CMA members work at the gates of the event, set up a hospitality tent within the rally, and provide prayer.

God is amazing.
James shared with us that he did not have enough workers to cover the gates this year. Then, he received the email from Bill and I telling him we had bought our armbands and would be arriving on Wednesday, July 16. Another, unexpected, CMA couple arrived and worked two gate shifts. Problem solved. Pray and give God room to work. He will provide.
8 A.M. at the Cemetery Gate

Salvation and Prayer
Three salvations occurred during the rally! Love it when the Lord works in the hearts of his children and leads them  back to Him. We, Bill and I, were able to provide prayer, a listening ear, and information about motorcycle ministry to several folks. Throughout the rally we kept hearing CMA members say, "Man, hearts are receptive to hear the Word this weekend." Made me smile to hear this because I knew our church family prayer warriors were providing prayer coverage. Other church family prayer warriors were too. Prayer is Powerful!
Foreground: Our tent
Background: our neighbors

The Spiritual Battle
Those of us serving the Lord at the rally were praying continually for the participants and ourselves. We needed our Lord to shield us, his servants, from the flaming darts of  The Enemy. It saddens me to see God's children following the prince of this world. The Enemy takes such delight in leading them downward on a gently sloping path that will eventually end in a pit of misery, emotional bankruptcy, and loss of hope. Been there.

The Pit Bottom
I know what lies at the bottom of the pit. Emotional pain and a spiritual vacuum inside your body where Jesus is supposed to be. A hole in your soul. Nothing you feed your spirit with will kill the pain anymore. Not drugs, not alcohol, not shopping, not food, not your partner, not gambling, not...not...not. I know. I was there.

My Past is My Strength
The Lord called me into rally ministry because of my past; the Before Jesus Sallee. My past is now my greatest strength in working for the Lord.  My outreach tool is my past. How I escaped the pit with Jesus Christ. How the Lord heals me, helps me, and makes me whole. All of this enables me to help my sisters climb out of their own pits. Today, my greatest joy is in serving Jesus Christ.
Bill and Sallee - Kentucky Bound
#Godisamazing  #ministry  #powerofprayer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB