Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Phenomenal Weekend in Kansas City

On the Road to Kansas City

Road trip! Yes, Friday was the day. My friends and I had our Harleys packed and ready to go. Our destination - Kansas City, MO and the Women of Faith conference - two hundred and eleven miles of rushing wind and thundering V-twin engines. That is my idea of a perfect trip.
 
 

Oh What a Beautiful Day

 God blessed us with a beautiful fall day for our trip. The scenic route, Hwy. U to Hwy. 42 to Hwy. 7 North, is a perfect mix of curves, hills, and scenic views. The lake views in the Osage Beach/Camdenton area are spectacular. Two hours into our road trip, it was time for lunch. We enjoyed a picnic lunch of chicken sandwiches, chips, and bottled water at a gas station south of Warsaw, MO before continuing the second half of our journey.

Weekend Home

We arrived at the beautiful Embassy Suites hotel in Kansas City around 3:30 P.M. The staff was wonderful and created motorcycle parking immediately adjacent to the lobby entrance for us. In fifteen minutes, we had our travel bags unloaded from the bikes, had carried the bags to our room, and had begun to unpack our clothes. We had just enough time to clean the road grime off our faces, comb out our hair, and change clothes before we piled into a car and left for dinner.  

 

Kansas City BBQ

Dinner was at the Zona Rosa Smokehouse BBQ restaurant. I had to have my picture taken with the pig statue outside. I cannot resist a photo opportunity like that. After dinner, it was time to head downtown to the convention center.

 

Let the Conference Begin

The Sprint Center is in downtown Kansas City. Women streamed from the parking garage to the main entrances of the convention center. The nineteen thousand seats quickly filled as the 8:00 P.M. start time arrived. I had read the brief bios about the women and bands involved in the conference on the Women of Faith website, but I really did not know any of them. This conference was a completely new experience for me.


 
 

Anita Renfroe

Anita Renfroe is one of the funniest women I have seen in a long time. As soon as I returned home, I found her on YouTube and subscribed. Then I posted two of the videos on my Facebook page to share with all my friends and family. That is how much I like her!

Kari Jobe

Kari Jobe can sing! She is a star caliber singer who loves the Lord with all her heart. Her songs, praise, and testimony quickly revealed why she is the worship pastor at Gateway Church in Southlake, Texas.

Christine Caine

Christine Caine. How could I have not known about her all this time? Seriously, she is an Australian dynamo who is spirit led and driven. The A21 Campaign helps rescue sex slaves. Did you know there are twenty-seven million sex slaves in the world? Outrageous.

Empowered to Embrace Life

The time spent with my sisters refueled me spiritually. The Holy Spirit is leaping in joy inside me once again. Empowered to embrace life is the only way I can describe how I feel after attending the conference. Sisters in faith, I would encourage you to find a Women of Faith conference near you and attend. Get a spiritual refueling and let the Lord grow you into a more mature Christian woman. A Christian woman who loves people like Christ loves us. Amen?

 


1 comment:

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB