Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Wednesday, May 3, 2017

The Big "C" - Cancer

My mom is 74 and her last mammogram revealed a small lump that turned out to be cancer. 
Mom and I prayed together for healing before the biopsy came back. I was surprised that the lump turned out to be cancer. Surprised because I have felt nothing but peace about my momma and this situation. However, that is what the biopsy revealed and my good God will take care of my mom. I KNOW he will! My momma loves the Lord with all her heart. 

Yesterday, mom had a lumpectomy and two lymph nodes were removed. 
The lumpectomy surgery went smoothly and quickly. Preliminary results for the lymph nodes were negative for cancer. Now we are waiting  for the results of the second lymph node test while mom heals at home. The surgeon told us that there was a 93%-94% chance that the results will be negative. 

Numbers don't mean much to me. 
God is in charge of this and I know he is holding my mom in his hands. I am believing that it will be negative too. I am NOT going to let numbers impress me. Numbers don't mean anything to God. 

How many times have his people won against incredible odds? 
A shepherd boy slew a giant warrior. A pillar of cloud led God's people through the parted waters to escape Egypt. The walls of Jericho fell down after 7 days because God's people followed his directions. A small number of warriors defeated a huge army. When God is involved, numbers don
't mean anything!.

My mom is an amazingly strong woman who never fails to surprise me. 
After the release papers were all done, mom was surprised that I wanted to help her dress. However, I was able to hold her clothing for her while she quickly dressed. 

Before going home, Dad drove to the local pharmacy to fill the prescription for mom's pain medicine. Mom opened the pharmacy bag, looked at the prescription bottle, and read the instructions carefully. Then she says,
"Oh my goodness! 325 milligram pills. That's too strong. I don't know why they gave me more than 30 either. I won't need that many and I am going to have to cut them in half."  
My mom is not in any danger of becoming dependent on pain killers. lol...lol 

After arriving at home, mom laid down for a short while. Then, she was up cooking and eating an egg for lunch. In fact, the only thing I actually did was to fix a printing issue they had with their computer and printer before leaving for home. 

My heart continues to be full of joy.
My mom is at home with dad, following her normal routine while following the doctor's aftercare instructions. I am grateful to still have my mom. She is a blessing in my life. 

Exodus 15:2
"The LORD is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB