Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Friday, December 11, 2015

Safe By God's Grace and Jesus Christ


It is completely dark as I drive down the highway
Ahead, on the road shoulder, two flashing lights catch my attention. It's some type of delivery truck with the flashing hazard lights on. Without warning, the light of my low beam headlights reveals a large, brown shape lying in the center of my lane. 

My brain screams, "DEER!" 
My eyes search for oncoming traffic. None. The car literally seems to jump sideways even though I am not aware of having turned the steering wheel. I feel the right front tire graze something. At the same time, the car slips sideways slightly. However, lightning-fast reflexes turn the steering wheel slightly to the right. The car's front end swings right and the back end stops sliding. 

Now, I am heading south, BUT I am in the northbound lane. My hand seems to be moving independently and steers the car back into the southbound lane as I take a deep breath. Suddenly, I am aware that I have been holding my breath. Shakily, I let out the oxygen-depleted air and take a deep breath to calm my frantically beating heart. Safe.

Then, I realized that I was still holding my phone in my right hand. 
Yes, the entire incident happened in a split second, AND I was holding my phone in my right hand the whole time. Why?

I had wanted to call my husband and tell him I was on my way home. Normally, I call him while the car is still parked. Tonight, I forgot until I was on the road. I hadn't wanted to stop on the road shoulder in the dark to call. However, I am not writing this to tell you about my poor choice. 

I am writing this to praise God and Jesus for protecting me from a potential disaster. 
Thank you, Jesus, from the bottom of my heart for keeping me safe. You kept a crowd from stoning an adulterous woman. Thank you for keeping me safe from the consequence of my action just as you did for her. 

Thank you, Jesus, for giving me a wise counselor who can tell my reflexes what to do instantaneously, without thought on my part. 

Jesus, you calmed a storm, walked on water, fed 5,000 people with a few loaves of bread and fish, and turned water into wine. Miracles are your business. Thank you for intervening in my life and for keeping me safe.  

Thank you, Father God,  for arranging the timing so that no one else was involved in this incident. I know you have a plan for my life, just as you had a plan for Jesus' life. 

Thank you Jesus for being faithful to God's will. I will continue to be faithful to his will and to your will. My life is yours, to do with as you will. I am your grateful servant. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB