Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Monday, March 23, 2015

Verse of the Week - Zachariah 9:9 - March 22, 2015

Photo by Sallee Bonham Excerpt from Zech. 9:9

Zachariah 9:9 AKJV

Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, your King comes to you: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding on an ass, and on a colt the foal of an ass.


Jesus Enters Jerusalem
Jesus was on a schedule that the disciples and his followers did not understand. His arrival into Jerusalem riding on a young donkey that was a colt from a donkey mare fulfilled Zachariah's prophecy. However, the people were celebrating Jesus' arrival because they thought he was coming to claim an earthly throne and deliver them from Roman rule. 

Excitement filled the air as waving palm branches were laid upon the path before Jesus. The Pharisees were not happy that Jesus' arrival was being celebrated so publicly and told Jesus that they should not be so loud. Roman soldiers were watching the celebration closely to make sure Jesus was not trying to challenge Roman rule. Jesus' reply was completely unexpected. Jesus told the Pharisees that if the people were silent, the rocks themselves would shout out instead. Can you picture the Pharisees looking at each other in silence after Jesus said this? Looks of disbelief and then a nod of heads to indicate it was time to leave this crazy Nazarene and make a plan to deal with him. 

Yes, Jesus knew what he had to do. The Pharisees would kill him in the end, BUT that was on his Father's schedule. Jesus knew the end result of his statement would be to increase the hostility of the Pharisees. 

Rejoice Greatly Daughters of Christ
Rejoice greatly, daughters of Christ! Our King came to us and gave us salvation. Behold, He is still with us. Rejoice and shout because Jesus Christ, as a lowly man, fulfilled his role as Messiah by dying on a cross. The Son of God arose to Heaven and brought us salvation. Rejoice greatly, daughters of the Lord Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB