Romans 9:20-21But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this:' "Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?
RebukedIn Part One, I talked about having been rebuked. Romans 9:20-21 is the scripture that God rebuked me with two weeks after I had angrily questioned him about why he created me the way I am. As I stated in Part One, I haven't forgotten the feeling of profound shock I felt as I read God's printed answer for my angry outburst. That internal sense of shock was quickly followed by a sinking feeling of dismay at how wrong I had been. Quarreling with my Maker, in anger, isn't something I care to repeat.
2 Corinthians 4:7
We Are Weak, But He is Strong
2 Timothy 2:20-21
When Paul wrote this letter to Timothy, he clearly knew that the followers of Christ Timothy was working with were at many different places in their faith, in their usefulness to the Master, and in their commitment to do any good work. However, Paul makes it clear that God and Christ can use every article that furnishes God's house. Even an article that has been dishonorable is of use the the Lord, if that person will cleanse themselves from the dishonor. Dishonor, or ignoble purpose, can be cleansed by following the steps listed below.
- God wants to be in a personal relationship with you. Without this relationship, you are completely separated from Him. Romans 3:23, 6:23
- You must believe that Jesus is who He said He is - the Son of God. Jesus can forgive you for the wrongs you have done to yourself, or others. Romans 10:9-10
- Confess your wrongs to God in prayer. He will hear your heartfelt prayer and forgive you. Forgiveness is yours, all you have to do is ask. Acts 3:19, Ephesians 2:8
- Change your life. As a follower of Jesus Christ, you will want to live differently. Luke 13:3, Ephesians 5:8
- Never doubt that God loves you. He wants you to know that you will be living in Heaven with Him forever. John 3:16, 1 John 5:13