Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Why Does God Tolerate Wrong?


I saw the pictures of the huge tornado in Oklahoma today and the aftermath of the touchdown. It makes me sad. However, I am not going to question it as an "act of God".

I believe that good comes from God, bad  comes from Satan. You may feel that this is oversimplified, but I made a conscious choice to think this way. My prayers have been flowing to heaven all evening because the rescue workers, storm survivors, and families of victims need to be enfolded in a blanket of prayer.

I have my NIV Study Bible open to the book of Habakkuk
The prophet struggled to understand why God wasn't acting to save his people or making things better. Habakkuk wanted to know why he had to see injustice, destruction, and violence. He realized that the Lord has his own timetable and that we have to have faith and believe that God is going to act in time. Reading about Habakkuk tonight helps me to realize that I am not alone in struggling to understand why things happen. 

Even though Habakkuk was struggling, he turned to praising God in the end. When bad things happened, the prophet turned to God through praise of what He had done for his people in the past. Habakkuk chose to believe that God was going to act as he had in the past. Now that is faith in action! All the evidence pointed to a God who didn't care, or wasn't listening, however Habakkuk exercised his faith by believing in God's history.

God is a rescuer. He has and will rescue the righteous. Just not when we humans think he ought too.

Habakkuk 1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB