Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Monday, March 26, 2018

Verse of the Week - Galatians 2:2






I went in response to a revelation 
  • Paul states this is, to show that he had not received the gospel from human beings. 
  • He is careful, therefore, to state that he went up by the express command of God. 
  • He did not go up to receive instructions from the apostles there in regard to his own work, but he went to submit an important question pertaining to the church at large. 

Meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders
  • Paul made a private explanation of his motives and views, so that they might understand it before it became a matter of public discussion. 
  • The point on which Paul made this private explanation was not whether the gospel was to be preached to the Gentiles, for upon that they had no doubt after the revelation to Peter Acts 10; but whether the rites of the Jews were to be imposed on the Gentile converts. 
  • Paul explained his views and his practice on that point, which were that he did not impose those rites on the Gentiles; that he taught that people might be justified without their observance; and that they were not necessary in order to salvation.

I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles.
  •  He stated fully the principles on which he acted; the nature of the gospel which he taught; and his doctrine about the exemption of the Gentiles from the obligations of the Law of Moses. 
  • He thus satisfied them in regard to his views of the gospel; and showed them that he understood the system of Christianity which had been revealed. 
  • The result was, that they had entire confidence in him, and admitted him to entire fellowship with them; Galatians 2:9.
I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain.
  • Paul feared that if he did not lay the case before them privately, they would not understand it.
  • Others might misrepresent him and when the case came before the assembled apostles and elders, a decision might be adopted which would go to prove that he had been entirely wrong in his views, 
  • In order to secure a just decision, and one which would not hinder his future usefulness, he had sought this private interview, and thus his object was gained.
adapted from the Barnes Notes on the Bible for Galatians 2:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB