Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Monday, May 4, 2015

Psalm of the Week -37:8 - Week of May 3, 2015

In context, this psalm says to not fret because of evil doers. Wrong doing surrounds me today. I turn on the television and see shows that completely disregard the biblical model for living life. Developers displace the poor, widowed, and orphaned to create a new mall.Alternate lifestyles have become so common that they are being pictured in family television viewing. People of every color and culture are compartmentalizing themselves instead of living a life of faith that overcomes all barriers. Christians are heckled, jeered, and persecuted for speaking up about God's word and its model for living our lives. 

Do not be angry about wrong doing, or evil doers. Fretting is something that I can fall into easily. I am a soap box woman. My mom called me, "Sallee, Defender of the Faith" when I was still in elementary school. My being vocal about wrong doing isn't necessarily God's will. In fact, I may actually be doing evil myself, if I allow myself to argue or become angry myself. My test for these circumstances is a single question to myself,"Can I change this in anyway?" Usually, I cannot. 

Focus on living your life for Jesus. Let your life be all about Jesus and let the ripples of your faith expand and touch the lives of those around you. Small actions reap huge results in God's world. A word of kindness, a smile, a monetary gift at the right time, a supply of household goods, a "just because" card, random acts of kindness, are all ways we can let our faith touch other people in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB