Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Saturday, May 16, 2015

I Am The Storm


I have had the feeling that I was forgetting something all morning. Then...I realized today is the 16th of May and I should have posted a new scripture on the Living Proof Ministries Blog...yesterday. 

I sat thinking,"Oh, I will just use the Psalm of the Week, 4:4,  that I posted this week." Since I was already online, I just typed in a search for the psalm, clicked on a the Bible Gateway link, and the King James Version of Psalm 4:4 appeared on my computer screen. 

The KJV Bible has a little different wording than the NIV Bible version that I used this week.
Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still.  KJV
Tremble and do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent. NIV
Two words in the KJV verse caught my attention - be still.
Be still, not silent.  All week I have been busy. Busy doing everything except spending time with Jesus. Busy at work, busy thinking about work, busy being sad, busy baking a cake, busy thinking about me, busy talking about how I feel, busy trying to accept the situation, busy, busy, busy.  I have not been silent, or still. 

Do not misunderstand me. I have been engaged in prayer. I have read scripture. BUT I have also had an internal storm inside of me all week  - an emotional gale with an occasional calm in between the squalls. 

As I sat looking at those two little words - be still
I knew in my heart that my Lord and Savior was reminding me of a previous time. Two years ago I wrote a post called,"A Command From Jesus - Quiet! Settle Down!" In that post I was in a similar situation.
Click here to read the post.

I am sitting here in awe at how my Lord and Savior works in my life. 
With two little words - be still, he reminded me of what I need to do. I have to tell myself to be still because, I am the storm and Jesus is in the boat where I need to be!  Are you following me? 

In Mark 4:39,  Jesus calmed the storm by saying, "Peace, be still."  and I think I will. Yes, I am joining Jesus in the boat.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB