Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, March 15, 2015

Psalm of the Week - Psalm 28:7 - March 16, 2015





The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

Psalm 28:7 NIV


I love this verse because it states exactly how I feel about my relationship with Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit. 

John Gill, an English Baptist minister, wrote the following excerpt:


"The Lord is my strength...That is, the author both of natural and spiritual strength; ...and my shield; as were the love, power, and faithfulness of God, and the Lord Jesus Christ...since his heart trusted in the Lord; and which shows that his trust was a hearty one, his faith was a faith unfeigned, he believed with the heart unto righteousness; and I am helped: this was the fruit of his trust, even a gracious experience of divine assistance: saints are helpless in themselves...God is the only helper of them; he helps them out of all their troubles; in whatever he calls them to, and to what they want; and the help he affords is sometimes quick, and always seasonable...and this joy was very great, a joy unspeakable, and full of glory; it was not carnal, but spiritual, a heart joy, joy in the Holy Ghost (Spirit);...praise is due to God, what glorifies him, and is acceptable to him; it becomes the saints, is comely(proper) for them, and it is pleasant work to them, when grace is in exercise..."

Heart joy. This is how I feel about the Lord. Joy that starts as a small bubble inside me. A joy bubble that expands until I want to shout at the top of my voice. An amazing, overwhelming joy that Jesus Christ loves ME! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB