Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, February 25, 2018

Verse of the Week - Galatians 1:21-22



First, I want to say that I am personally gaining knowledge and personal revelations from writing on Galatians every week. 
Paul was a living, breathing man and I feel as if I am beginning to know him. His story is pertinent today because human interactions are the same now, as in Paul's day. Our society and technology have changed, but our human interactions have not. Do you agree?
Paul went to churches who had already heard that the persecutor was now preaching the Gospel of Jesus (the report)
I wonder if they were far enough from Jerusalem that they trusted his conversion experience more? After all, in Jerusalem the families of the arrested followers, whom Paul had arrested, would have been very suspicious of him. Wouldn't you? I know I would have been, but Paul did carry a letter from the church leaders in Jerusalem.
Paul Was Following in Jesus' Footsteps 
When Jesus was alive, he traveled in Syria and healed many, many people. I am sure these people remembered Jesus and were eager to hear his teachings from Paul. Paul was an effective speaker and many people came to listen to him. In a later travel in Matthew, it says Paul strengthened the churces in Syria and Cilicia. 
John Gill's Commentary On Galatians 1:21
"Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia. For having disputed against the Grecians at Jerusalem, and being too hard for them, it so irritated them, that they were going to murder him; which being known to the brethren there, they got him out of the way, and had him down to Caesarea, and so to Tarsus, a city in Cilicia; where he was born; in which places and in the countries about he preached the Gospel of Christ; to Tarsus, Barnabas went for him seeking him, and finding him brought him to Antioch in Syria; and both in Syria and Cilicia he preached, no doubt with success, since we read of believing Gentiles and churches in those parts he afterwards visited; being sent along with others, with the letter and decrees of the synod at Jerusalem to them, and whom he confirmed;" 
Matthew 4:24
News about Him spread all over Syria, and people brought to Him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering acute pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed--and He healed them.
Acts 15:23
With them they sent the following letter: The apostles and elders, your brothers, To the Gentile believers in Antioch, Syria and Cilicia: Greetings.
Acts 15:41
He went through Syria and Cilicia, strengthening the churches.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB