Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, February 11, 2018

Verse of the Week - Galatians 1:17-18








Paul wrote that after God came to him and revealed Christ in him he didn't go to Jerusalem and meet the twelve apostles. Instead, he went into Arabia and then returned to Damascus. Three years later, Paul went to Jerusalem and met Peter and James, the brother of Jesus. 
Luke wrote about Saul in the book of Acts.
In Acts 9 we learn that Ananias baptized Saul and Saul's sight was restored. After spending several days with the disciples in Damascus, Saul began preaching about Jesus in the synagogues. Can you imagine the reaction many Jews would have had? Saul was known as the persecutor of Jesus' followers and now here he was preaching the Jesus is the son of God.

The Jews did not take this well; specially after the highly educated Saul proved that Jesus is the Son of God. In fact,  the Jews in Damascus plotted to kill Paul. The Jews were watching the gates in and out of Damascus. In order to escape Damascus alive, Paul was put in a basket and lowered from a window in the city wall by his disciples.
 Six Points About Paul and His Conversion*

  • Paul was wonderfully brought to the knowledge and faith of Christ. 
  • All who are savingly converted, are called by the grace of God; their conversion is wrought by his power and grace working in them
  • It will but little avail us to have Christ revealed to us, if he is not also revealed in us. 
  • He instantly prepared to obey, without hesitating as to his worldly interest, credit, ease, or life itself. 
  • What a matter of thanksgiving and joy it is to the churches of Christ, when they hear of such instances (as Paul's) to the praise of the glory of his grace, whether they have ever seen them or not! 
  • They (the churches of Christ) glorify God for his power and mercy in saving such persons, and for all the service to his people and cause that is done, and may be further expected from them.
*adapted from Matthew Henry's Bible Commentary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB