Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, November 5, 2017

The Dark Side of Encouragement - Psalm 64:5

Psalm 64 is titled: The Hurtful Tongue. 
David was well aware of his enemies that smiled to his face, but encouraged each other in secret meetings. Don't let people around you encourage you to join the dark side of encouragement such as gossip, slander, cursing others, and planning to hurt others. It is difficult to stand up to a group, but it isn't impossible. When you are in a group that begins to verbally assault someone, ask yourself what Jesus would do. Would He be quiet, or would he remind the group that they have their own faults too? John 8:7 Do not let yourself be pulled into the dark side of encouragement.  
Social Media Messages
Today, the hurtful tongue has become the typing fingers that post dark and negative comments on a social media profile. On social media, people can hide behind a user name and send anonymous, negative messages that can hurt others. These secret users type out posts that are as hurtful as being cut with a knife. Words can be wielded like a knife. Words can stab, slash, and cut into your self-esteem and heart, if you let them. Please, do not let these hurtful messages wound, or harm you.
Use Your Faith
I repeat, do not let words harm you. Pick up your shield of faith and extinguish the negative messages. Believe in and repeat God's messages. God's messages tell you who God says you are. Look into a mirror and say,"I am God's chosen. I am a co-heir to the kingdom of God. I am his beloved child. I am priceless to God."

This Is Who You Are In Christ
I added the bold italics to emphasize the point that you are a son or daughter of God through Jesus Christ. 
Romans 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Romans 8:16
The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.
1 John 3:1
Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knows us not, because it knew him not.
Galatians 4:6-7
6 And because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” 7 So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, you are also an heir through God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB