Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, February 12, 2017

My Psalm 40 Life


1 I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
The Lord had to wait patiently for me. However, he did hear my late night cry for help and was inclined to help me because he can see the innermost depths of my being.

2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
He brought me up out of the horrible pit of alcoholism. My feet, which had been firmly planted into the miry clay, were set upon the rock of faith and He established my goings into a new way of life.

3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.
In new found sobriety, I wanted to shout to everyone that God is my God and that he saved my life. He truly put a new song of praise in my mouth. My family saw a change and trusted that the Lord had indeed changed me.

4 Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

Today, I continue to make the Lord ruler of my life. I trust him to make everything in my life turn out for the best. I do not let other people affect my trust in the Lord.

5 Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

Amazement still fills my heart that God's thoughts are turned toward me. He is the creator and his wonderful works cannot be numbered. Yet, he is concerned about me. I feel so insignificant and yet God is concerned about me.

6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.
God has opened my ears and my heart. I was not required to give anything material to the Lord. Willingly, I surrendered my life to him through his son, Jesus Christ.

7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,
I will come to the Lord every waking moment because I desire beyond all other things to be his servant. The Bible is my basic instruction manual. The words it contains guide me through all situations in life. 

8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
As a willing servant, O my God, I delight to do your will daily. Yes, the words of the Bible live within my heart.

9 I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O Lord, thou knowest.
I have not preached righteousness, but I hope that I have taught righteousness in my actions, words, and deeds. I have been bold in witnessing for you Lord. I have not refrained my lips from talking about the Good News of Jesus Christ.

10 I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy loving kindness and thy truth from the great congregation.
I have let your righteousness be known to people around me as an evangelist. Praise for your faithfulness and my salvation are never far from my lips and are not hidden within my heart.

11 Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O Lord: let thy loving kindness and thy truth continually preserve me.
O Lord, let your loving kindness and truth continue to sustain me through each day and let me continue to receive your tender mercies.

12 For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.

Lord, I look around me and see such sin. Sadness fills me as I look at the innumerable sin that surround me. Do not let my heart be deceived or overcome by my own failings.

13 Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me: O Lord, make haste to help me.
I need you Lord. Help me now and be pleased to deliver me from the plans of The Enemy.

14 Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil.
Keep me safe and let those who wish me evil be revealed for who they truly are.

15 Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame that say unto me, Aha, aha.
Some will not understand that I am walking in your plan.

16 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The Lord be magnified.
Lord, let my lips continue to praise you as I rejoice and am glad in my relationship with you. You are my God and joy fills my heart that this is so.

17 But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.
You know what my needs are, and I know that you are ever thinking about me. You fill my life. Do not be slow in continuing to help me and deliver me from the obstacles that I find in my path.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB