Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Blessed Birthday


Okay, it happened.
I am officially another year older. Two more years until I am the big 60. However, I draw a lot of inspiration from my parents

My parents are in their early 70's and ride a motorcycle as often and as far as they can.
Key West, Florida? No problem. The Grand Canyon? No problem. Wolf Creek Pass? No problem. Everywhere my folks go, they talk about Jesus, too. Amazing?

Yes, my parents are setting a great example for out-of-the-box Christianity and how to live a full life in your "golden years." 

I too have traveled by motorcycle.
Since 2006, I have traveled to the Smoky Mountains, Blue Ridge Parkway, Appalachicola, Florida; the Gulf of Mexico from Florida to Louisiana; and a huge loop that took me across Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, and back to MO. My wind sistas and I rode to East Jordan Michigan, visited Canada, the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and rode Highway 63 from Wisconsin to Missouri. Yes, my life has been full too.

Now back to my almost, big 60 birthday.
My youngest daughter asked me weeks ago if she could make me a cake. No way was I going to say no! For her whole childhood, she was able to order her own cake in any flavor, or shape. Now, she is doing the same for me. I love it.

My oldest daughter texted me a birthday wish and that is enough for me. It makes me happy that she remembered my birthday while living a full-to-bursting life of her own.

My parents hand-delivered their presents to me.
I am blessed that both of my parents are healthy and with me. I am now the proud owner of a ceramic knife set, purple bath pouf, and jasmine soap. I can slice, dice, and smell lovely at the same time.

The hubby bought me a gold necklace with a sparkling, crystal-encrusted bead. For my birthday supper, he bought two T-bone steaks. Love it!

And after everyone left,
I went into the kitchen and started making cupcakes and chicken salad puffs for the Ladies Luncheon and Tea at church. Bill told me several times that he wished I didn't have to work so hard on my birthday.

However, I don't consider it to work.
I love making beautiful cupcakes and finger food for special events. It is a way to pass on my blessings. My birthday was celebrated in a manner that made me smile and feel loved. Then, I cooked. I am happy and blessed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB