Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Monday, February 22, 2016

Verse of the Week - Philippians 3:20 - February 22, 2016



Toddlers focus completely on what they are reaching for. It doesn't matter if it is out of their reach, a toddler will continue to stretch and reach for the desired object.  In the same way, followers of Jesus need to focus completely on Jesus. He is the prize. Our conversations should reflect this focus. Cursing, gossiping, and bad mouthing have no place in the lives of Christians. Are we perfect? No. However, we should be striving to be more like Jesus. Keep your focus on Christ, not on the earthly temptations that surround us. Have the focus of a toddler.
"He who runs a race, must never stop short of the end, but press forward as fast as he can; so those who have heaven in their view, must still press forward to it, in holy desires and hopes, and constant endeavours. Eternal life is the gift of God, but it is in Christ Jesus; through his hand it must come to us, as it is procured for us by him. There is no getting to heaven as our home, but by Christ as our Way".                                                      Matthew Henry's Concise Bible Commentary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB