Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Sowing Seeds for Jesus


The picture above was taken while Bill and I were standing gate duty in Sturgis, Kentucky during the 2015 Kentucky Bike Rally. This lone plant, towering over the surrounding plants, caught my attention and reminded me of Jesus' parable about the sower and his seeds.
Parable of the Sower   Mark 4:3-9 AKJV
3 Listen; Behold, there went out a sower to sow: 4 And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the wayside, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up. 5 And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth: 6 But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away. 7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit. 8 And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred. 9 And he said to them, He that has ears to hear, let him hear.
 
Parable of the Sower Explained         Mark 4:14-20 AKJV
14 The sower sows the word. 15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan comes immediately, and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts. 16 And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness; 17 And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution rises for the word's sake, immediately they are offended. 18 And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word, 19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. 20 And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirty times, some sixty, and some an hundred.
Verses seven and nineteen are personal to me. I was one of those who had the thorns grow up around them and didn't yield any fruit for a very long time.The cares of this world and the lusts of other things entered into me and choked off the word. Eventually, I returned to Jesus. My life was a thorny mess. He didn't care. He welcomed me back the moment I knocked on his door and asked to come back into his family.

Today, that original seed is in good ground and yielding fruit. My ride with Jesus is amazing. He has taken the broken pieces of my life, assembled the pieces into a new shape, and called me to be his servant through motorcycle ministry and writing. Today, I am obedient to Jesus' call to be his servant and doing my best to sow seeds for Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB