Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Wednesday, April 15, 2020

There is a Whole Lot of Waiting in the Bible

There are two bowls of cereal on the table waiting for the grandsons to sit down for breakfast. There isn't milk on the cereal yet. Who wants soggy cereal? Right? As I stand at the refrigerator door about to get the milk out, I tell them that breakfast is ready. Both of the boys run into the kitchen and sit down at the table. Do the kiddos see me about to get the milk out of the refrigerator? You would think so but no, both of them start asking where the milk is. Why does this happen? It's called instant gratification, or I want what I want NOW!

What does the Bible say about instant gratification? I know the Bible doesn't say instant gratification, but it does say to wait. It says that a LOT. 

My quick Google search for, "How many times is wait in the Bible"  revealed this factoid from Quora.com,
" ...there are at least 7 words in Hebrew and Greek that can be translated "wait"... (a Bible) word search for "wait" results in 106 hits."
There is a whole lot of waiting in the Bible. 

  • Adam and Eve waited on God to visit them
  • Miriam waited for Pharoh's daughter to find Moses.
  • The Israelites waited for 40 years in the wilderness.
  • Samson had to wait for his hair to grow out.
  • Jacob worked and waited for Leah for seven years. 
  • Abraham waited for a son for years and years. 
  • Noah waited for the flood and waited for the water to recede.
  • David waited for years to become king. He even wrote about waiting while he was waiting. 

I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD          Psalm 27:13-14
I'm seeing a theme here. How about you? I know it's hard to be patient and wait. As a believer in Jesus, I am fixing my focus on the future and I will try to wait patiently on the LORD.  Now, to try and get the grandsons to wait patiently on the milk for their cereal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB