Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, November 5, 2017

Do Encourage Converted Sinners - Acts 9:26-27

Acts 9:26-27
And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple.  But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared to them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus. 
When great and notorious sinners profess to be converted - people who have been violent, artful, or malignant - it is natural to ask whether they have not some unworthy motive still in their professed change. 
Confidence is a plant of slow growth, and starts up, not by a sudden profession, but is the result of a course of life which is worthy of affection and of trust.                Barnes' Notes on the Bible 
Saul had been gone for three years before he showed up in Jerusalem wanting to join the disciples
The disciples hadn't heard much about Saul's conversion, or any subsequent preaching. Therefore, they were afraid of him because they weren't sure about his conversion. Saul had been the number one persecutor of the new believers in Jesus. Now, here he was wanting to join them. 
Barnabas Stood With Saul
Barnabas, the Son of Encouragement, decided to stand with Saul and to encourage the disciples to believe in what had happened to Saul. Barnabus related what he knew about Saul and felt that Saul was truly a changed man. How different the bible story might be if Barnabus hadn't stood and encouraged the disciples to accept Saul! 
My husband's testimony affects people because he dealt with an abusive father until he was ten years old. 
In turn, Bill passed on the pain by being a bully. As an adult, he was an aggressive, alcoholic-addict who liked to show people he was powerful. He ended up in an outlaw motorcycle club where his personality fit in with the lifestyle. Bill is the first to tell you that he was not a nice person. 
When Bill retired, he moved to southern Missouri and bought some land in the Irish Wilderness. 
Bill didn't know that this area had a rural church with active disciples of Jesus in it who were his neighbors. Bill said he couldn't even pick up a hammer without a neighbor showing up offering to help. His neighbors wouldn't accept money. They only asked that he think about coming to church. In Bill's world, obligations needed to be paid off. 
Eventually, he went to church several times. God touched Bill and he ended up answering an alter call. After that alter call, Bill joined the church through baptism in a local river. 
Today, Bill is an evangelist for Jesus Christ. 
He never meets someone without asking them if they are a Christian, or if they know Jesus Christ. He even does this on every phone call that he receives. I sometimes find myself wondering if Saul might not have been a lot like Bill after he met Jesus on the road to Damascus. 
Saul spent the rest of his life serving the Lord and  my husband is doing the same.
I think this illustrates that no matter how bad a person is in the world, God can turn them into his greatest followers. No matter how bad you think you are, God wants you. Tell Jesus that you want him in your life today. Tell Jesus you know you have done bad, but want to change your life.  Find a church and talk to the pastor. 
As Barnabus stood with Saul and vouched for his conversion, God will send someone to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB