Prayer Challenge


I want to ask you to say this prayer out loud, if possible.

“I belong to God. I am a holy vessel because I have the Holy Spirit of the Living God. The Lord of Heaven and earth has said to me; “I declare you holy!”. I commit to start believing what He says. I AM HOLY! Remind me daily, Spirit of the Living God, to treat myself as holy, open my eyes to every scheme of The Enemy to treat me as if I'm not. You, God, are Holy. Your word is the truth. This day Father, I chose to believe you! I ask this in the mighty name of your son Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for me so that I could be a coheir to the kingdom of God. Amen”



Sunday, August 6, 2017

Give and Receive Comfort - 2 Corinthians 3-4

Photo by Sallee Bonham April 2017
As a self-centered addict,
I had to learn to reach out to others and work the steps of recovery with them in order to maintain my own sobriety.
One of the helpful recovery sayings that stresses the need to focus on others is:
"You have to give it away to keep it."
In my walk with Jesus I can also apply this spiritual axiom to comfort.
Here is an example of how I can give away the comfort that I received from God. As a new widow, I was given comfort from the Lord in the form of people, bible lessons, and personal revelations from studying my Bible.

Today, I can use those experiences and give comfort to another new widow because I truly know what it is like to lose your spouse. It doesn't matter how terrible my trouble was or is, I can take the comfort that I am given and give it to others who need the same comfort that I have received.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by and visiting today. SalleeB